New Year's Resolution
The beginning of a new year is a wonderful time to start fresh with new resolutions, goals, and projects. We get new calendars, we think about ways we can improve our lives, we start diets, cleaning projects, and exercise plans. It is also a great time to start some new year’s resolutions at church and in your spiritual life. Here are a few to consider:
- Begin (or continue!) a daily time reading Scripture and praying. There is a wealth of devotional material and scripture reading plans available – I will be delighted to point you in a direction you’d like to pursue.
- Make a weekly commitment to attend Sunday School and worship. We have a variety of options – First Praise worship at 9:00 am, church school for all ages from 10:00 – 10:45, and a traditional worship service at 11:00 am. We also have First Kids Worship for children in grades 1-5, held during the 11:00 worship service.
- If you have a 1st – 8th grader, sign them up for our Logos/MSM program on Wednesdays! We’re looking forward to second semester, with upcoming themes that include Knights & Princesses, Logos Prom/Dance Extravaganza, Talent Show, and Super/Souper Bowl in January. Later in the spring, the Logos choir will present a musical, and the MSM Handbells will take a trip to the beach.
- Consider volunteering your time to an activity at First Presbyterian – serve as a church school teacher, volunteer in the nursery, help in the Logos/MSM program, serve on the Vacation Bible School planning committee, work at the Soup Kitchen or Christian Mission, volunteer with our Habitat house building project this spring.
- Get to know the people around you in worship service. Engage in conversations, shake hands, learn people’s names!
As we prepare to begin 2019 and say goodbye to 2018, look forward to new beginnings! We’re reminded in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” God’s blessings to you in the new year!