Logos/Middle School Ministry (MSM)
Our Logos/Middle School Ministry (MSM) program provides a mid-week program for children and youth in first – eighth grades. All participants rotate between worship skills, recreation, Bible study and dinner. There is a weekly theme with wacky outfits and fun table games; an opportunity to serve once a month in our worship services; great fun in recreation with games and hilarity, and inspiring and life-changing Bible study every week.
Parents are a big part of our program, helping in the kitchen, leading Bible classes, serving as table parents. It is a “family affair,” and encourages an inter-generational approach by including retired members of the church, along with young adults.
Some important details about the Logos/MSM Program:
- There is a cost for the participation: $35 registration per year and $55 tuition fee per semester. Scholarship help is available.
- The program runs from September through March.
- The Logos/MSM weekly program runs from 4:30 - 7:00 pm.
- Parents need to attend a Parent Meeting to register their child / children.
- Our Logos/MSM program is part of an international ministry called GenOn Ministries. You may find more information about GenOn at www.genonministries.org.
We celebrated 40 years of Logos at First Presbyterian Church in September 2019. Our program began in the fall of 1979, and continues as a strong program of Christian nurture and education in our congregation, 40 + years later.
Please contact Ellen Auten, Director of Christian Education for more information: