VBS-in-a-Box - August 3-7, 2020
Wilderness Escape: Where God Guides and Provides
VBS will look a lot different this year, as we are using a "VBS-in-a-Box" format. Here's how it will work:
- All activities will take place in individual homes.
- Participants will need to register, using the link below. Pre-registration is essential so that we will have enough boxes and supplies.
- Registration deadline is Monday, July 27.
- Participants will pick up a box at First Presbyterian, filled with supplies, music CD, instructions for parents, and theme-related goodies.
- Boxes should be picked up in the drive-through at FPC on Wednesday, July 29 - Friday, July 31, from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Go to the First Presbyterian website (www.mooresvillefpc.org) each day, August 3-7, for exciting skits, announcements, and age-appropriate Bible lessons (preschool age and elementary age).
- An informational brochure may be downloaded from this site, along with the registration form.
- You are welcome and encouraged to let your friends and neighbors know about our VBS plans - they are welcome to register and pick up a VBS box!
- Our Mission Project will be two-fold:
#1 - We will collect an offering for Mooresville Christian Mission.
#2 -We will collect school supplies and kid-friendly snacks to donate to Christian Mission. Examples are notebooks, pencils, paper, markers, glue, crayons, new backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. Kid-friendly snacks include juice boxes, crackers, gummy snacks, fruit packs, etc. Donations may be dropped off when you pick up your VBS Box, July 29-31.
Nursery and Preschool Childcare during Worship Services
- Childcare is provided for newborns through kindergarten age during all Sunday morning activities.
- Nurseries and preschool classes are located on the 2nd floor of the Education Building.
- Infants are in Room 211 or 213.
- Toddlers are in Room 211.
- 3, 4 and 5 year olds (including kindergarten) are in Room 210.
Church School for Children and Youth
Infants and Toddlers - Room 211
3, 4 and 5 year olds (including kindergarten) - Room 210
Preschool and Kindergarten Church School classes use the David C. Cook curriculum, and have a great time with Bible stories, crafts, snacks, singing and free play.
Grades 1-3 - Room 324
Grades 4-5 - Room 322
Grades 6-8 - Room 310
All elementary classes use David C. Cook curriculum
Grades 9-12 - Room 313 (uses Great Commission Publications "So What?" series
Important Information during COVID-19 Stay-at-Home Order -
I hope that you will consider having Sunday School classes within your family units! Children are great teachers too - give them the materials and let them teach some lessons! Parents can do activity pages too! This can be a very special time for you as a family, as you gather around God's Word and learn together.
Please contact Ellen Auten (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need help with Sunday School lessons.
Free Christian Education Resources for children!
In the midst of online school for children, with multiple resources, links, websites, and more information than you can possibly handle, it can feel overwhelming and frustrating to navigate through all the options. I hope to streamline some Christian Education resources for you and your family, and keep this simple, while still providing some options for wonderful, Christ-centered resources.
Here are a few options:
These resources include both free (as in completely free) resources at the top of the
webpage, with some reduced price items to purchase as you scroll down.
Free resources include:
Lord's Prayer coloring book
Action Bible coloring pages
Action Bible devotions
13 Very Famous Friends and How Jesus Loved Them
The Church of the Brave in the Day of Fear
30 Day Praise Challenge for Parents
Unsinkable Faith (free e-book)
Prayer 101 (free e-book by Warren Wiersbe)
Articles and resources include:
Leading with Courage and Integrity in the Midst of a Pandemic
God Takes Our Worries (COVID-19 Elementary Lesson)
This website offers free, weekly resources - you submit your name and email, and each Friday they will send you a lesson and a fun coloring page. While there are other items for sale on this website, the free information is available at the top of the website.
This week's lesson includes Week 5 of Lent, along with a Palm Sunday coloring page.
Go to bit.ly/MooresvilleFirstPres to sign up - you will be directed to fill out a form and create your own password - access to RightNow Media is free.
At RightNow Media, you are able to access wonderful Easter Bible studies and videos, along with numerous children's videos and family devotions.
Please contact Ellen Auten (email@example.com) if you have questions
about accessing any of these outstanding ministry sites.
First Kids Worship
- First Kids Worship is an age-appropriate worship service for elementary age children.
- First Kids is held in the fellowship hall during part of the 11:00 am worship service.
- The kid-friendly worship service incorporates singing, prayer, offering, and Bible lessons into their service.
- Children begin the service with their families, and are dismissed to the fellowship hall for the remainder of the service.
- Parents pick up children in the fellowship hall.
Logos/Middle School Ministry (MSM)
Our Logos/MSM Program is a mid-week Christian education program for children and youth in 1st - 8th grades. The program includes:
Please visit the separate Logos/MSM page on this site for more information.
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is held during a week in the summer, and includes a fun theme with great Bible content and learning.
A day at VBS includes opening assembly with skits and singing, Bible stories, crafts, recreation, snacks, a mission project, and great fun with children and adults.
Ages include 4 year olds through rising 6th graders.
Our volunteers include rising 7th graders through adults of all ages.
For information: Contact Ellen Auten (704-664-5275; firstname.lastname@example.org)